Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Spirit by Destille - Liquor Store? Hell no, much more than that!



When you’ve seen one liquor store, you’ve seen ‘em all, right?  Hahahaha…. I laugh loudly in your face!  How about a liquor store that feels more like a combination of cooking store, with flavored oils and vinegars?  What about a liquor store where you can sit and sip and feel like you’ve just dropped in on neighbors, only more relaxed?  Christmas gifts?  Right here.  Ditto ornaments and accent pieces for your living room.  Candles. Soaps.  Come on in and browse, man!  What the hell are you waiting for?





Huge jugs of libations line the walls.  Not just whiskey, but rum, and flavored liquors.  As soon as you say, “I’d like to taste some…” there’s a small glass in your hand and you're offered a seat.



Walter and Ursula know just how to make you feel at home, with smiles, pats on the back, and friendliness that begs you to sit and chat and discuss…and sip your way to lasting pleasure.



By the way, Walter has five first names strung together.  After you’ve had a few more swigs, get him to give you the entire string, which sounds like the whole front row in a classroom.

Honestly, I can’t remember how many times I’ve been to Spirit by Destille, in Homburg, Saar.  I walk by and can’t help myself.  Walter offers a drink.  Ursula gives me a smile that melts me.  Even when my wife and I and friends are in a hurry, we’re never in a hurry here.

Sometimes I just meander and read the labels on whiskies from around the world.  Bourbons, too.  Irish, too.  The selection amazes.  Got questions?  Ask Walter.  He knows his whiskeys.

Walter seated among his many whiskeys.





We’ve come here for an evening of whiskey tasting.  We’ve come here to buy luxurious fruited vinegars I use in salad dressings.  We’ve come here to sample and encourage my wife’s addiction to coconut-spiked rum and egg cream liquor.

Events here are something to plan your evening around.  Not only whiskey tastings, but also evenings of music.  Soon Spirit by Destille will try for a whiskey tasting Guinness world record.  Think I’m kidding?  Want to get in on it??? Go to the web site and read about what’s going to happen in Neunkirchen.



info@spirit-homburg.de




No comments:

Post a Comment